This is a vent post. If you do not appreciate rants, please feel free to look around for happier ones in my Archives. Thanks!
My sites were down again today for 3 hours! After 3 phone calls to Host Monster with no real updates, they just magically popped back up. This is the 5th or 6th time that they have been down during the day within the last month or so and I am frustrated.
I am frustrated because I am busy. I am busy with my job. I am busy with my friends and family. I am busy with blogging. I hate the fact that I now should take the time to switch to a better host. ARGH! Why can’t the host I have just work right?!
I have a billion things that should or need to get done. All I ask is that once I handle something, it works. I “handled” the hosting problem 7 months ago when I switched from Blogger to WordPress and signed up with Host Monster, so now I just expect that to be taken care of. One thing down, right? But no…now I have to look into other hosts because I chose a cruddy one with constant server problems. Double ARGH!!!
So, here is a quick glance at my evening plans:
1) Let out dogs.
2) Feed dogs.
3) Throw turkey into oven so I can cut it up for transport tomorrow.
4) Check email.
5) Make sweet potatoes for tomorrow.
6) Wrap my mom’s birthday gift.
7) Remember to pack up everything in the car except for the food.
8) Blog a bit – either reply to comments or write some posts.
9) Medicate allergy-ridden Pug.
10) Go to bed after the turkey is handled, a post-it note is stuck on the door reminding me to pack the food, and my dogs are put into the kitchen.
Somewhere in there, I will be looking for a new host probably.
I am completely blowing off almost all chores. We aren’t having anybody over until Friday night, so the house can just stay messy until then…
So, how has your day been so far? Do pop up problems tick you off too?